3rd and 4th Grade Boys Tournament Rules
- The tournament is a Pool Play Format, only one game will decide the Championship.
- Entry fee is $175 per team. Make checks payable to: Westbrook Paper City Classic.
- All officials will be provided by the Paper City Classic Tournament Committee. Board officials will be used for all games. One official per game in pool play.
- All teams are required to have two sets of uniform shirts, each a different color and numbered on the back. Shirts may be T-shirts.
- Team roster will be limited to a maximum of 16 per team. No names may be added or changed once they have been turned in. If, for any reason, there is a question of eligibility of any ball player, they will not be allowed to dress or play in any game until proven eligible to play. Games will not be delayed to prove eligibility and will continue as scheduled. Any player found to be ineligible and playing in any games will cause team forfeiture of all games played. Only 3rd and 4th grade boys are allowed to play.
- Each team will be responsible for their valuables. A team representative may collect all valuables upon arriving at the gymnasium. He (she) may then present all valuables to one of our tournament personnel, who will lock up the items for safe keeping until the team is ready to depart for home.
- Teams must arrive at least one-half (1/2) hour before the start of their game. Report directly, as a team, to admissions table for locker room assignment. Only team coaches, players and managers will be allowed into the games without paying admission fees.
- Teams must be on the court, ready to play at game time or suffer forfeiture. In the event the previous game runs over the specified time limit, teams participating in the next game must be ready to play five (5) minutes after the preceding game ends.
- Each team coach will be responsible for presenting the Scorer's Table with the names of the starting line-up with uniform numbers and positions, plus the remaining names and members of team members within ten minutes of game time. All players and coaches will be introduced over the P.A. system prior to their game, if time allows.
- No A.A.U. or All-Star teams are allowed in the Tournament.
- The coach of each team is responsible for the proper conduct of his/her players, other coaches, team members, and fans associated with the team, as well as his/her own behavior while participating in the Tournament. If proper behavior is not exhibited by those people associated with said team, it could result in forfeiture of all games and expulsion from the tournament at that time and in the future.
- Admission per day (for all games on that day): $2.00 Youth (High School age and younger) $4.00 Adults
- Games will be 2 (20 minute) halves - running time - except last two minutes of each half, which will be stop time.
- Time outs: 4 per team - use anytime. There will be no additional time-outs for the overtime period.
- Full court press is allowed during hte last two minutes of each half.
- The three point shot will be utilized in all games.
- Foul Shots – All players must begin their free throw from behind the 15 foot free throw line, but may go over the line on their attempt, providing they are not trying to gain an advantage on the potential rebound.
- No double teaming
- Only Person to Person Defense is allowed, an obvious zone defense would result in a warning. Continued abuse would result in a Technical Foul. Illegal defense is determined by Officials judgement.
- 1st overtime is two minutes. 2nd overtime is first to score.
- Home team needs to have game score keeper.
- Let us work together and make this a good experience for all.
3rd and 4th Grade Boys
- First place will receive individual player championship trophies, along with Championship T-shirts.
- Second place will receive individual player trophies.
- Game M.V.P. trophy will be presented at the end of each game.
- Weekday Games:
1st Game 5:45PM
2nd Game 7:00PM
Only one game will decide the Championship!
Please contact Lewis Lampron, 772-5591, with any questions
Send Entry Fee & Completed Roster to:
34 Cardinal St.
Westbrook, ME 04092